For the first time ever, I’ve just been nominated for a blog award – the sisterhood of the world blogging award. I gather that there are quite a few peer-nominated blogger awards floating around but it doesn’t make it any the less lovely to be nominated. I was nominated by Anez and the idea is, after thanking your nominee (thanks Anez!) and linking back to their website, you answer the ten questions they’ve asked you, then make up ten new questions of your own and nominate seven blogs. It seems like a great way to put the word out on the blogs you love and especially highlight some of the lesser known ones. So here goes:
1. How close do you keep the remote when watching TV?
Do you know what? I have no idea, unless it’s on the other side of the room and it’s bleeding annoying!
2. What’s the first thing you do when you come home after a long day?
Take all my jewellery off and tie my hair up.
3. What’s your favourite word?
I couldn’t pick one (or even think of one at the moment!). I can tell you that I dislike the word ‘moist’ a lot.
4. What job or career would be your worst nightmare?
A taxi driver because I have no sense of direction. Or something that meant I had to spend all day every day outside in the cold and the wet. Brrrrrrr.
5. What style quirk (hairdo, makeup item, silhouette) has stayed with you the longest?
I’m not sure it’s a quirk per se but super blonde hair and a black liquid eyeliner flick have been staples for at least a decade now. It’s also embarrassing how often I wear skinny jeans (i.e. every freaking day).
6. How addicted to social media are you, on a scale of 1 to 10?
Less than I was so I’m going with 6.
7. Have you ever fought with someone over the temperature in the room?
I don’t think so but I often sit in the same room as Mr T – him in a t-shirt, and me in a thick cardio, beanie and fluffy socks.
8. What website would you miss most if your internet was out for a week?
It depends – one week it would be Pinterest, one week it would be Garance Dore or Fashion Me Now’s blogs, the next it would be Topshop or Asos.
9. Would you rather live in the time of fifty years into the future, or fifty years into the past?
Damn, this is hard, the 60s seem pretty awesome (sartorially and politically) but I’d like to see the future, I think.
10. What’s your favourite memory of an experience of sisterhood?
I have so many inspiring sisterhood moments, but recently, when one of the loveliest friends rang me to tell me she was pregnant and I absolutely cried!
To be honest, a lot of these bloggers are huge already and they don’t need an award nomination by me. Still, they’re some of my favourite so here are my questions anyway:
- What’s your best piece of blogging advice?
- What’s your favourite way to chill out?
- What hotspots would you tell to a visitor to your city?
- What would be your superhero power?
- What would be on your Top 5 bucket list?
- What single item or object can you not do without?
- What would you recommend everyone try once in their lives?
- If you were anyone in a former life, who do you think you were?
- What does your dress sense say about you?
- What advice would you give to you 16-year-old self?